Improving Sarcoma Diagnosis – July 2022
Our Improving Sarcoma Diagnosis call invites applications focussing on any area of improving sarcoma diagnosis. We invite applications which aim to make the diagnosis of sarcoma faster, earlier, or more accurate. Research submitted for this funding should be focussed on primary diagnosis; projects mainly exploring relapse and/or recurrence will be considered out of scope. Projects with the potential to have patient impact or clinical implementation within the next five years will be prioritized. A total budget of £250,000 will be available (as well as additional funding from the Sarah Burkeman Trust, see below).
Grant types available
- Small grants, up to £50,000 – pump-priming ideas for innovative, small studies, or add-on funding to a larger project already underway
- Large grants, up to £150,000 – a substantive research project, which must support a member of staff as a directly-incurred cost.
Key dates and application process
- Deadline for application submission: 12pm, Thursday 14th July 2022
- Applicant response to peer and lay review: late October 2022
- Strategic review and final decisions on awards: December 2022