Research is at the heart of our charitable objectives at Sarcoma UK and the Research Administrator role brings the opportunity to develop news skills within a dynamic team.
Working hours: 3 days per week (22.5)
Contract length: 3 months
Interview date: 16 September 2022
- Flexible working
- Holiday entitlement
To support the Sarcoma UK research programme to ensure our research grant rounds run smoothly and efficiently and that our research is communicated effectively.
Duties and key responsibilities
Research Application Review
- Respond to general research enquiries related to the grant application process.
- Administer peer and lay review of research applications, allocating peer reviewers for applications with support from the Research Officer, and sending out invitations and reminders by email to ensure timely external review of grant applications.
- Manage spreadsheets tracking peer and lay review and monitor progress against targets.
- Maintain and update researcher records on the Raiser’s Edge database with details of grant round applicants to ensure records are up to date.
- Administer applicant response to peer and lay review, collating documents and sending out clear requirements to applicants by email.
- Support on other aspects of the grant application and review process as required.
Grant Review Panel Meeting Administration
- Support the Research Officer with the organisation of the Improving Sarcoma Diagnosis and Open Grant Round Grant Review Panel meetings, including:
- coordinating a date with panel members and arranging travel and accommodation where required
- preparation of the agenda
- collating and sending papers to panel members ahead of the meeting
- taking minutes of meetings
- administering the scoring process during meetings
- Undertake appropriate post-meeting actions including supporting drafting papers for the Board of Trustees and collating and sending out award documentation.
- Support on other aspects of the meeting administration process as required.
- Transfer research content related to funded grants on the Sarcoma UK website into a new format and layout.
- Work with colleagues to draft and review progress updates for funded research grants for the Sarcoma UK website.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment, and they will therefore be required to undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills (essential)
- Confidence to communicate by email, phone and face-to-face (essential)
- Good standard of written communication skills (essential)
- Ability to work on own initiative and work effectively within a team (essential)
- Scientific background (desirable)
To apply, please visit the CharityJob website and upload your CV.