We commissioned a national survey recently and discovered that 75% of people in the UK and Northern Ireland did not know about sarcoma.
That's 3 out of every 4 people.
That's 75% of people who might ignore early symptoms.
That's only 1 out of 4 doctors or frontline staff who might diagnose the symptoms early.
That's 488 out of our 650 MPs in Westminster who don't know how many of their constituents are affected by sarcoma.
This can't continue.
The good news is that, thanks to you, we are reaching more people. Last year, because of your participation, thousands of people who had never heard of sarcoma before, saw your posts on their screens. Your action during Sarcoma Awareness Week matters - you become our ambassadors. You make a mighty noise.
Let's do it again. Let's reach the 3 out of 4 people and make them #PartOfIt.
What can you do between 1-7 July?
- Turn heads on social media. Switch your social profile pics and update your covers.
- Tell us what's important for you. Watch the videos and vote for your priorities.
- Write to your MP. Get sarcoma on the agenda.
- Host a Big Picnic. Share the message in the great outdoors.
- Share your moment. Let people hear what it's like to have sarcoma in your life.
- Share the facts about sarcoma. Here's what we know.
75% of people don't know or are not sure what sarcoma is.
With your help, we can change that. Let's find allies who can bring about real change and make them #PartOfIt.
Sarcoma Awareness Week is 1-7 July 2019