Sarcoma UK - Volunteer HandbookDownload
Whether it’s the London Marathon, the Great North Run, Tough Mudder or your local 5K, our challenge fundraisers need your support! Every year hundreds of people raising funds for the sarcoma community take on challenges. During the tough times, seeing the Sarcoma UK cheering station can give them the boost they need to reach the finish line.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Setting up and taking down cheering stations, using branded materials provided by Sarcoma UK.
- Cheering on Sarcoma UK challenge participants.
- Creating a positive and friendly atmosphere, welcoming supporters and visitors to the cheering station.
- Representing Sarcoma UK, embodying the values of the charity.
- This is an ad hoc role, when events and challenges are taking place in your area. Most of these will be weekends (majority Sundays) and could involve early starts.
Who we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic! Challenges are really fun events, and cheering stations play a big part in this. If you like waving like crazy and calling out encouragement to strangers, then this is the volunteering role for you.
- Reliable and responsible. We advertise when we have a cheering station at an event, and many participants look forward to running or cycling past these points. Therefore we are looking for individuals on whom we can rely to set up the cheering stations when and where they have been advertised.
- Friendly. As a Sarcoma UK volunteer, you’ll be representing the charity. Any insensitive or ill-mannered behaviour will therefore reflect badly on the charity and possible damage the organisation’s reputation.