Could you be one of the nation's 26 million Home Heroes?
Sarcoma UK is joining forces with the rest of the charity sector for the 2.6 Challenge and we're asking you to be part of it too.
This is your chance to take on a national challenge and make it yours. The aim is to get 26 million people across the UK to take on their own 26 or 2.6 themed challenges to support the country's charities.
The outbreak of COVID-19 means that many of this summer's fundraising events have been cancelled or postponed. While we're still hopeful these events will go ahead later, this isn't good news for everyone who has been training hard to participate. It isn't good news for charities like Sarcoma UK either, who will see a drop in the donations and income these events bring in. It's really bad news for the people who depend on our support.
But, you can still help.
Getting involved is simple:
- Create your unique challenge based around the numbers 2.6 or 26. Have fun, get creative, you can do almost anything so long as hit those magic numbers. We have some ideas!
- Set up a JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving page to collect sponsorships.
- Tell your family, friends and loved ones and get ready to take on your challenge on 26 April.
Help to inspire the nation by sharing your pictures or videos on social media using the official hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge. Don't forget to tag Sarcoma UK so we can see and share them too.
- Team Gin Gym (Becky and Anneli) will do 26 exercises in 26 minutes, three times.
- Clare's daughter set out to find 26 worms on their favourite walk!
- Our own Louisa did 26 squats while catching 26 Mini Eggs in her mouth!
There are no rules – apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time.
On Instagram? We've got some stickers for your Stories.
Download and share the 'I'm Taking Part!' video.