"To know someone truly, you should walk a mile in their shoes." Sarcoma UK supporters walk a heck of a lot further than that.
There are loads of walking events, taking you to incredible destinations in the UK and abroad. From Scotland's Ben Nevis to Tanzania's Kilimanjaro, you can find a walk or trek to suit you and raise vital funds for people affected by sarcoma.
Walk, jog or run from Capital to Coast. Cover the full 100km between South London and Brighton, or take part in the half or quarter distance options - there's a challenge suited to everyone.
- Date 23-24 May 2020 (Bank Holiday Weekend)
- Registration fee £15 if you choose Sarcoma UK as your charity
- Sponsorship £595 (for the full distance challenge)
National Three Peaks
Three peaks, three countries, 24 hours. This fast-paced, challenging adventure is considered one the UKs toughest outdoor challenges. Scale the dizzying heights of Scotland's Ben Nevis (1,344m), England's Scafell Pike (978m) and Wales' Snowdon (1,085m) to raise life-chaning funds for people with sarcoma.
- Date various throughout the year - check 'open challenge' options
- Registration fee £75 if you select Sarcoma UK as your charity
- Sponsorship £775
Give 140% to help people affected by sarcoma. Don your kilt and take part in one of Kiltwalk's four challenges, and they'll top up whatever you raise for Sarcoma UK by another 40%. There are distances for everyone from the Mighty Stride (20+ miles) to the 6mile Wee Wander - suitable for all abilities and ages!
How does it work? Sign up to Kilwalk and follow their fundraising advice. Once you've finished the challenge the Sir Tom and Hunter Foundation will boost your donations by 40%, thus helping you give 140% to Sarcoma UK. For example, if you raise £500, we'll receive £700!
- Glasgow: 26 April 2020
- Aberdeen: 7 June 2020
- Dundee: 16 August 2020
- Edinburgh: 13 September 2020
- Registration fee £30 (full distance)
- Sponsorship as much as you can raise - topped up by 40%
5,895 metres high, one great adventure. There are three different routes to choose from, varying in 7 – 12 days climbing. This fully supported trip is a once in lifetime experience.
- Date throughout 2020 (look for open challenges)
- Registration Dependant on challenge £400-£600
- Sponsorship Dependant on challenge £5,000-£7,000
TrekFest The Beacons
TrekFest is giving you the amazing opportunity to trek 25km or 50km across the stunning landscape of the Brecon Beacons in September 2020.
- Date 19 September 2020
- Registration fee Dependant on registration type, from £55 - £85
- Sponsorship Dependant on registration type, from £130 - £220
Other treks, hikes and walks
There are loads (we mean loads) of other challenges you can take on. Have a look at our partner organisations' website to find your perfect walking adventure!
I've bought my own place on a trek
We'd love to have you on Team Sarcoma. You will receive the same support and materials . Let us know and we'll send you our fundraising pack.