Tips & advice for organising your very own Big Picnic
Plan your event
- Pick a location. There are so many options. You could hold your picnic in a local park, at your workplace, in your garden, indoors or at a local club or community space.
- Plan what to serve at your picnic. You might want to prepare your own picnic snacks, buy ready-made goodies or hold a potluck picnic.
- Bring along your balloons and banners, and don’t forget to print out some bunting and cake decoration on our website
- Make sure you have enough blankets, plates, cups and cutlery
- Let us know when you plan to hold your event: email@example.com
Invite your guests
- Invite your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours
- Send round an email invitation
- Spread the word through social media
- Make flyers and advertise in local businesses or on your office noticeboard
Ask for donations
Ask your picnic guests to make a donation. You might want to suggest a donation of £5 or set your own amount. Don’t forget to have your donation box handy.
Why not try some of these ideas to add fun to your picnic and give your fundraising a boost:
- Bake sale. Sell your delicious bakes to your hungry picnic guests.
- Jelly bean jar. Hold a classic ‘Guess how many beans in the jar’ competition.
- Raffle. Raffle of some bakes, or ask local businesses to donate prizes.
- Face painting corner. The kids will love it!
- Prosecco picnic. Add some glamour to your event! Who could resist a glass of bubbly for an extra donation?
How did it go?
- Tell your story to your local media - download our press release template
- We’d love to see how your picnic went, so do send in your photos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or share on social media using #TheBigPicnic
- Thank all your supporters!
Pay in your donations
Paying in your donations is easy. Simply add up all the donations you’ve received and
- send in cheque form to: Sarcoma UK, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH or
- donate online: sarcoma.org.uk/get-involved/donate
Do include a note or reference so we know the donation is from you.
What else is happening this Sarcoma Awareness Week?
From our Support Line on Tour to the launch of a new sarcoma podcast series. There is something for everybody. Find out more here.