500km sounds a long way. It would take you approximately from London to Belfast, Oxford to Edinburgh, or Birmingham to Paris. Running, cycling or even walking between these cities in one go would take a lot of training, practice and blister plasters!
Virtual Runner, however, is giving you the opportunity to do take on this impressive distance across a whole year, whilst raising vital funds for Sarcoma UK. From 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020 you can run, walk, cycle or swim 500km and earn a medal. You can do this as part of your New Year’s resolution to keep fit or even as part of your training for another challenge.
You can do this as part of your New Year’s resolution to keep fit or even as part of your training for another challenge.
All you need to do is:
- Sign-up with Virtual Runner Places cost £13.50 with 20% of the entry fee being donated to Sarcoma UK.
- Register your participation with Sarcoma UK using our form to receive a fundraising pack and Sarcoma UK top to wear.
To record your distances you need to use exercise apps like Strava, activity trackers like Garmin and Fitbit, or take a picture of treadmill distance. Keep records of your mileage and submit proof of your 500km by 5 January 2021 to Virtual Runner to receive your medal.
- Registration fee: £13.50 (20% donated by Virtual Runner to Sarcoma UK)
- Minimum sponsorship – just raise as much as you can!
- Location – wherever, whenever you can.